Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taiwan: Day 4.2

Part 2

After looking around the temple, we walked around the back and there was a large market street area that focused mainly on tea.  Tea is grow in the hills here.  Some friends of Jack's saw him and came over they invited us into a tea shop and we had to sample various kinds.  They didn't speak any English, but just kept giving me stuff; "try this, try this."  They send us off with a jar of candied locquats and something else I'm not quite sure of. 

We walked around the market and looked at all the produce and other things for sale.  All the tea stalls had people out front handing out little cups of tea to try.  We sampled a few.

We made our way back the way we came.  Jack drove back a different way so I could see the town where they grew tea and pineapples.  We got back to the factory and the others were still working, but had broken out the red wine by then.  The others were busy so Jack later took me to his favorite potsticker restaurant in the nearby town of Beidou. 

We had a lot to eat and chatted the whole time.  Jack's really an interesting guy.  He has a couple of houses in Taiwan, 3 in California.  He visits CA a couple of times a year because he just likes to go there and have fun.  His wife doesn't like to travel. 

After dinner - yes, we're still on Day 4- he took me for a massage.  It was the hardest massage I've ever had [I'm still sore].  They even did the walking on the back thing which has to be felt to be believed.  Jack nodded off at one point and the girls were giggling about it.  I really don't know how he could sleep through that.

After that, Jack drove me back to my hotel.  It was a long and full day.  Here are some pictures:

Pictures from Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment